Tuesday, July 11, 2006

so many blogable events, so little blogable time.



This picture is unrelated to the proceeding blog. Michelle took it at ladies retreat and I love it!

Rachelle took me to the international jazz festival 2 weeks ago. I thought I had an appreciation for jazz. Apparently I don't "get it". It was rough right from the get go, but I agreed to give them the benefit of the doubt. The benefit ran out about the same time as my rum and coke and the doubt soon took over. At one point Rachelle reached under the table and squeezed my knee in sheer agony of the shreaking bellows that ripped forth from the belly of the saxaphone. Once the crowd erupted in applause and cheers (?) we squeezed our way through the crowd, burst out the door and inhaled the sweet city air. I can only conclude that (and this is a very general statement) some people get so engrossed in the culture of the city that they can no longer think for themselves. If it's new or different and edgy it must be good. Forget talent and skill, who needs those? No if it's in the name of art I must applaud.

The next big event was Il Divo. Mom and I ventured onto the skytrain and headed into the city. We had a fabulous time and the show was amazing. Mom and I had great fun watching the middle age women make fools of themselves. There was an entire section at the very front filled with women carrying flowers and teddybears, and handing out glow sticks. At one point someone threw a glowstick at Il Divo while they were performing. I would have stopped the show at that point and said "Hey! Do I come to your work and throw stuff at you?!" But they didn't, which was a shame as I would have loved to have seen that!

The next night Gary and I rescued an abandoned pitbull out of the trunk of a broken down car, neither of which were related. The owner of the car showed up just after we did and was a little shocked to find a pitbull had set up camp in his trunk. I named him Harley, and sent him to live with my dad. Both are happy as clams.

And lastley I am ashamed to admit I went to see the new Adam Sandler movie. Yeah.

Oh I was wrong, that wasn't the last of it. Yesterday I came home from work and decided I needed a haircut. So a garbage can full of hair later and voila PDC (pretty darn cute) and PDC (pretty darn crooked). So Liz I will be giving you a call to do a little clean up in aisle 1!

9 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

oh my.....

liz said...

I'm taking your sissors away

Michelle said...

I am not that brave!! I have never cut my own hair. I can't wait to see it.

What adventures you've been having!

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

i want to see the new hair! hey... sounds like you and rachelle are having lots of fun! i emailed her but she didn't reply. guess she hates me now. boo hoo. how short did you make your hair? i bet it's cute -- i love your hair short. i still remember when you cut it right before your wedding, and we met john and his friend at afterthoughts. he was not very impressed, but then, what does he know anyhow.
-de

Sue said...

What a great picture!

Jennifer said...

Hi, I'm a friend of Liz's and Jenn's and came across your blog. No suprise you guys are sisters, you all share a certain similarity :) Anyways, kust wanted to say that I love the pic you have up. It's such a candid shot and you both look so happy. I love "of the moment" shots like that.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you and your mom we're going to Il Divo. Could have given you a ride. They were fabulous it ended much too soon.

Miss-buggy said...

awesome picture!!
Sounds like you have had some interesting events lately.

Anonymous said...

That picture is great of the two of you. It is definately frame worthy.