Thursday, December 07, 2006

I just want to be a girl!


I recently got a new dishwasher, complete with a 5 yr warranty, in case it should malfunction someone will come to my house and fix it. Sweet.

It malfunctioned.

The day of the "big" party.

So my friend Peter called the appliance store and they said they would happily send someone out that day.

But it was my party and that stressed me out so I declined and said I would call back next week.

So I called tonight. Hoping someone could come on Saturday.

The man on the other end was somewhat reluctant, he told me to disconnect it and check to see if the pipe was clogged and then call him in the morning and if needed he would come out next week.....

Now it should be said that I own my own power tools and am not too afraid to use them. I am fully capable of disconnecting the dishwasher and unclogging it.

But sometimes, I just don't want to.

Sometimes I don't want to get dirty, sometimes I don't want to crawl under the sink.

Sometimes I want to be a girl and protect my manicure!

Sometimes I want to use the extended warranty and have someone do it for me!


But sometimes the dishwasher just needs to be fixed.


So that's what I did.

5 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

and did you fix it?????

shari said...

so it was a clog then?

cari said...

yep, a clog...

shari said...

wow... after only a couple days? sure hope that won't be an ongoing problem for you.

that aside... is the dishwasher a new luxury for you? Is your inner domestic goddess doing a happy dance? =)

L&D said...

Nicely done.