Tuesday, September 04, 2007

One of the most impulsive (yet ironically thoroughly thought out) things I have ever done.

The impulsive part was when I called Langara and set up an interview to see if I could get into one of it's programs. It was a whim....I had no idea where it would lead.

It was not without it's obstacles....
I had to quit my job.
I had to find a place in the city.
I had to find renters.
I had to find money.
I had to find a school for Andrew.
I had to find childcare for Andrew.

Quitting my job was easy...the rest was a little more difficult.

I found a place, it was small and in an area farther than I wanted to be, but it was affordable and clean.
I didn't get that place.
Somewhat discouraging, and when i looked at other places in my price range, I was even more discouraged.
Then came the German ladies, and I am now in a wonderful suite in a good location....

Renter/buyers was tricky as well, but thanks to my hard working sister, in the end I found both!

My student loaned hinged on me getting rid of my car, which I couldn't do until the end of August (kind of pushing it, i realize) Thankfully, my loan took 5 days to process and we are in the clear! (yeah!)

Andrew was on the waiting list for public school - we were told we would know what school he would be in by Sept 7th (I start school on the 10th) Not knowing where he was going to go to school was making finding childcare somewhat difficult!
We got the call on Friday that he would be attending the school around the corner (again more cheers!)

But then childcare.
Less than a week to go, and I finally clue in that the reason the afterschool care program isn't calling me back is b/c they are on strike! Yikes!

But today...today it all came together....I met a mom who was willing to take Andrew until I get it all figured out!
Wow...with only 5 days to spare!

So that's it...it all came together......

But now I think I need a vacation!

6 comments:

Becoming Human said...

YAYYYYYY!!!!! Dancing in the streets :)

Susan Kirchmayer said...

God does answer prayer! just in the nick of time.....

James Goudie said...

thats cool

Anonymous said...

Hi Cari,
I'm glad that God worked everything out for you! I miss you...and the Vancouver area...you and Andrew will have so many fun adventures there! Hope you both have fun starting school! :)
Love you lots!

Jennie said...

Amazing! Enjoy this new adventure! I look forward to reading all about it! :)

L&D said...

Oh man, many many transitions. You are so brave. Isn't it wonderful to be following in God's will?