Thursday, January 12, 2006

we decided at work there should be a sitcom called "The Clinic", profiling the working lives of 4 young (younger, youngish) woman at, of all things, an eye clinic. I encouraged the girls to think of who they would want to play themselves in such a show. Sarah replied that if the show was such a success she would quit the eye clininc and play herself in the show (goodcall).
Sandra Bullock came to my mind to play me, she's quirky and clutzy (and thin, let's be honest we are all too fat, too short and too awkward to play ourselves on TV). She'd be the girl who would trip and fall on her face when some young hot guy finds his way into the clinc. (Oh who am I kidding? the only guys in the clinic are 80yr old men, and well, let's not go there).

yes, somedays feel like a sitcom. When we are speaking LOUDLY and s l o w l y so as to not be misunderstood, when we get yelled at because the doctor is running behind, when the printer jams...... just another day at The Clinic.

4 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

sounds like a sitcom to me!!!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a better sitcom than some of them out there. And I think Sandra Bullock would play you perfectly!! I would watch!!

Lee said...

Hi, this is Leah, I was randomly looking at blogs, off of Liz's list, and found that one of my very best friends, Heidi from high school, who now lives in sunny California, had commented an your blog!!! And another friend from Gr. 12 Kristal. What a small world. That was weird. Little do they know that I am your sisters next door neighbor. Anyway, to weid for me, not to comment. And to let you know, I also find your blog enjoyable to read.

Jenn said...

Hey Leah, I've been reading Kristal and Heidi's sites for sometime now. I followed a link through Kristal's site and found some old highschoool friends....weird hey! It's a small world.