Wednesday, January 24, 2007

As I unzipped my tall black boots, the barely audible gasps bounced off the walls of the clinic, and echoed through the lab. This was quickly followed by hands clapping over mouths in astonishment. The tension was soon broken by fits of giggles and even some tears. The all important timing of waxing my legs to coincide with a weekend away and a wedding two weeks later had resulted in this unfortunate incident.
Five minutes earlier my coworkers and I were discussing my upcoming waxing appointment. Comments like "they can't be that bad" and "this is how mine look after a month of not shaving" preceded the display of soft fine hair you had to use a magnifying glass to see. I assured them all they had not seen anything like what was hiding under my boots. But they insisted. And so.....I lifted my pant leg and unzipped my boot. The reaction was one of the funniest things I had ever seen. They could not hide the horror in their eyes. "No I'm not Italian ......or Greek..."

Happily my legs are now back to their silky smoothness :)

And so it seems that you can appear polished and coiffed on the outside, and no one will never know what's lurking under your boots......

7 comments:

Lee said...

ha! A kindred spirit! I can shave in the morning, and by the time I get out of the shower, I have stubble!
Gotta love them boots!

shari said...

boots - the ultimate equalizer... we all have get legs in boots!

Anonymous said...

I understand completely!

Greg said...

At least you can hide it behind boots or pants. If I don't shave one day, people notice. If I don't shave for a week, everyone knows. If I don't shave for a month, I look like a Mountain Man.

L&D said...

AHAHAHAHA. Fantastic. Loved this post. I have to take out the bush wacker to shave my legs frequently because after 7 days people start staring....and commenting. I really feel your pain on this one.

Kristi said...

funny what can be hidden....

not everything is as it seems all the time

Danea Burleson said...

Dude, you've seen my legs, it's horrible. I have tick black man hair on my legs. LOL. I've wounded my poor husband with stubble. But shhh don't tell anyone.