Wednesday, December 08, 2004

yesterday I finished up a 43hr work week. yesterday I got to work and wondered how I would make it through an 8hr day without a breakdown. yesterday I stood in the change room before my shift praying for strength to fight the exhaustion. yesterday my coworkers kept me smiling, yesterday the line ups were so long that 8hrs flew by. yesterday God heard my prayers.

today I slept in, today I had coffee with the generation before and the generation after. today I worked towards accomplishing some goals. today I found rest. today I found comfort. today God answered my prayer.

tommorrow I will go to work. tommorrow I will start the whole process again. tommorrow I will be tired. tommorrow I will be frustrated. but tommorrow I will find rest. tommorrow God will still be there.

3 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

one day at a time???? I myself find that very hard to do I start thinking about things before they actually happen. I'm glad to read that it seems you are able to take it one day at a time.
"God Gives us Grace
Each day God gives us the grace for that day alone. You can make it, one day at a time."
Barbara Johnson
That is stuck to my refrigerator.

lori said...

what day is it now? yesterday, today or tomorrow?

cari said...

I'm pretty sure that today is the now the day after tommorrow.