Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I had an interview last night. I had my outfit all planned out. I had bought the cutest chocolate brown suit and matching shoes 2 weeks ago, and hadn't worn it yet. The pants needed to be hemmed, so about 2hrs before the interview I got out my hem tape and iron. I ironed the hem to the right length, checked myself out in the mirror. PDC!! I must say.
I pulled out the pins and trimmed the excess fabric off and decided to run the iron over it one more time. I turned the iron back on to the same setting ran it over the hem and pulled up in horror!
My pants completely melted, all over my iron. There was a huge hole in my brand new pants!!!! I was more than a little choked!
So plan B. I still wanted to wear my brown blazer so I chose I long brown skirt. This would require me to shave my legs. There was one problem.....I had decided to buy a warm waxing kit for my legs, so I was in the process of growing out my leg hair and I neglected to buy razors. I quickly jumped in the bath and discovered I only had the one dull razor left. It was all I had and by now I was only an hour away from interview time. So I had to use it. It was painful....and a little ugly. Nothing like a little razor burn to make a first impression.
I figured I would be sitting behind a table or a desk so it wouldn't be a problem, but when I got there they decided to use the waiting room and pulled up three chairs so we could all sit in a closeknit circle. I couldn't hide my pretty legs!
I'm not sure how the interview went...when I left they said they were doing interviews all week and would get back to me in a few days. They called and left a message at 10:30am this morning(only 14hrs later), I'm not sure that's a good thing. I'm thinking the freakish, red, bleeding legs may have turned them off!

1 comment:

Sue said...

i did that to a skirt once, I had never worn it yet either. my mom, to my relief, just laughed. turns out my sister had done the same thing once too. sigh.