Sunday, April 02, 2006

Leave it to the professionals.....


I dropped Andrew off at his Dad's tonight and came home to have a girls night in. It didn't take long to break out the hot wax and begin fixing up some of the areas that needed attention. It was a proccess I began 24hrs ago during which time my friend Rachelle called and marvelled at my bravery. I explained it wasn't bravery, just lack of funds. Desperate times call for desparate measures.....self waxing. A few quick rips in some sensitive places and the wax was promptly taken off the warmer and put back in the cupboard under the sink.

Round 2.

House to myself, hot bubble bath, ice cream, sappy movie... (I hate sappy movies, I'm not sure what's going on??) Anyway, it's at this point I get a call from a guy I went to highschool with. I foolishly answer the phone, wax strip in hand. Haven't seen him in 10yrs and he says "So, what are doing?"

Uh. Waxing my toes?

There is a reason we pay professionals for such things. Ripping hair out of my legs, eyebrows.... upperlip... (you get the point) is NOT the way to spend a girls night in. I don't care how easy the picture on the box makes it look.
The wax is now back under the sink, and my legs are a big patchy mess.

Good thing I'm single...sounds appealing doesn't it?

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Been there, done that. And lack of funds are making me consider it again....

The things we women do!

Forgiven said...

lack of funds i can relate to - isn't a razer cheaper?

Forgiven said...

and being single you only need it for june, july & august. the rest of the year you'll be warmer right. hm sounds even more appealing. :o)

Anonymous said...

I just want to know who called!?!

Anonymous said...

This sounds totally painful

liz said...

HAHA! reminds of when I was in highschool grade 11 I think, and wanted to try waxing. I bought the stuff and waited til the morning when mom went to work, then I applied the hot wax to my underarm and tried to rip it off. It HURT! I couldn't do it so I went to school with the hardened wax under my arms all day.

liz said...

You want me to cut your hair tommorow?

liz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle said...

You cut hair? Or were you talking leg hair......

Susan Kirchmayer said...

you didn't answer the question:
who called?????

cari said...

Well motherdear, when you leave an annoymous comment,I'm not likely to respond :) Why do you want to know?

Anonymous said...

oops, can't blame your mom on that one...it was me, I forgot to admit to my terrible case of curiousity...

Rachelle

Susan Kirchmayer said...

so i'm cleared of the anonymous thing, now who called???