Tuesday, March 06, 2007

POOF!...


....that's the sound of my brain exploding. The last 3 days have served to remind me why I never finished university.

I just got back from a three day "workshop" for the course I am taking to become certified ( I get to put CCOA behind my name, how exciting, start printing the business cards)

See, the word workshop has such a positive feel to it, like "Santa's workshop".

This was 3 days of the anatomy of the eye, and math...... definetly NOT Santa's workshop.

For example, Prentice's Rule (I'm begining to hate whoever this guy named Prentice is) states that the amount of prism induced in a lens is equal to the distance in millimeters x 0.1 x the diopter of power, fairly easy...unless the lens has more than one power in it, than you have to figure out what the power would be on the 180 degree axis, and if the lens isn't on the 180 or 90 degree axis then you have to figure out the spherical equivalent of the perscription, but that only applies if the lens is at 45 or 135 degrees...

Did you follow that?

Exactly.

POOF!

6 comments:

Becoming Human said...

So that's where you were! I was getting set to call in the infantry! Missed you!

R.

cari said...

I sent you a text, but you are like me...rarely checking you're cell phone!
I'm back now..maybe Friday night?

Lee said...

diopiter?

cari said...

yes, you have one in your right eye :)

shari said...

wow... i have a whole new respect for people with a CCOA behind their name now!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Grandma Gracie is here in Ontario with us to celebrate her 90th.
We were wondering what CCOA stands for? (Please excuse our ignorance).
We are sitting here together catching up on your family's news.

Love, Auntie D