Thursday, March 22, 2007

To all my family, friends and co-worker(who, when it really comes down to it are friends I get to work with everyday...I just want to say, I think it's great that we can work in a fish tank and still like each other...: ) to Taneane who spent countless hours teaching me things in photoshop and then countless more reteaching me when I forgot, and especially to Jackie, who gave me a huge kick in the butt and started this whole mess! (this is starting to sound like an oscar speech...)

5yrs ago John bought me my first camera (and despite the whole divorce thing, has been a big supporter of my work since) it was one of the best gifts I ever recieved! Alot has happened since then and I have recieved so much support from everyone. The thing is, when your family and friends and husband all you you have talent, you tend to take it with a grain of salt.

Today a commercial photographer and director of the media design program said he was "blown away" by my presentation. Can you believe that? I sure can't!

So...I made it in! And the thing is, even if it doesn't all work out, to hear those words totally made it worth it!

So to all of you...Thank you!

11 comments:

James Goudie said...

thats awesome

Michelle said...

Yeah!!

I'm glad you got to hear that. I've been blown away with your work many many times and am so happy to hear your receiving recognition for it(family, friends, and co-workers aside).

You rock.

Anonymous said...

Wow, You definately Rock!! I know that you will be fabulous in all you choose to do. Our fish tank will be a little merky when you leave. But like you said co-workers are friends you get to work with. As for your speech...don't forget us when your at the top. :)
Jackie

liz said...

see told you!
so proud of you for taking this step.

Miss-buggy said...

YAY!! Good for you. Congratulations. I have always loved your work. Are you at church on Sunday? We should talk if you are free..... I know a little boy that is turning one.
You totally deserve the recognition. Congratulations again. good job. I can only hope I can be as good a photographer as you are one day.

Annette said...

We're all saying the same thing, so it must be true! There was no doubt Cari.

liz said...

so are we listing the trailer?

Peter said...

One big congratulations to the woman with more guts than me. I'll be keeping my eyes out for your work. :)

Danea Burleson said...

Oh my goodness Cari, That is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news!! Big fat congratulations to you! I am so excited for you. Has it really been 5 years?! Ah you've come so far from that first sarcastic "Teachers Pet" because you had a fancy binder in the How To Use My Camera class, comment. Hehe

cari said...

this time a get a fancy Mac laptop! I better get a cute bag to put it in!

shari said...

This is all very exciting!! congratulations!