Saturday, April 21, 2007

boys and their toys....


My neighbour's truck has been a thorn in my side for the last year and a half....

It's large and it's diesel, and it is parked about two feet from my bedroom wall with the muffler pointed directly towards my house.

Everymorning at 7am I am woken up to BRUMMMMMM-RMMM -RMMM -RMMM -RMMM -RMMM. The pictures bang against the walls, and the whole bed shakes, it's like an earthquake. NOT a nice way to wake up.

Two days ago I noticed he moved the truck back about 10feet or so, so it was against the kitchen wall. It still woke me up but it wasn't as bad. That was nice.

This morning (Saturday), at about 8am I didn't hear him start up his truck, but.....what I did hear was him talking to the neighbour right outside my window, describing the old truck ..."BRUMMM-RMMMM-RMMMM...." he yelled like a 3 yr old.

I just can't win!

Or so I thought.

After I got up I looked out my kitchen window to see a brand new Dodge Dakota sitting in his driveway! I was so excited! (insert happy dance here!) No more diesel waking me up everymorning!!

2 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

and one day it will be your boy (andrew) who is parking toys in your driveway and annoying your neighbours!!! hehehe

shari said...

i thought Dodge Dakota's were diesels... hmmm...

lol... at your neighbor mimmicking how his truck had sounded!