Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a glowing reference.

So, as you may have heard...I am now employed. Yes, it is true, I applied at the old standby...London Drugs.
This is where my sense of responsibility overrode my sense of pride. Don't misunderstand, there is nothing wrong with working at LD as a photo chick. It's just that when you complete a year long intensive design program only to be transported back 4yrs ago...well, you know.

Okay, but really it's not so bad. I am actually truly thankful. It's no secret that I had a pretty rough time last week as the enormity of the situation hit me. And I couldn't sit around waiting for paid freelance design work to come my way...

So I gave it all up, my employment, my trailer, everything. I believe God gave me the LD job b/c it was something I was comfortable with and it would allow me time to focus on The Pura Vida Project (what is that? you may ask....you'll have to wait)

I also have no idea what how many hours it will be or what days it will be...but I will take it b/c it has been provided for me....and that is a very good thing.

I was also flattered to hear that my former employers gave a glowing review and told LD to snatch me up! So I don't even have to go through the hiring process...they simply called and offered me a job...without even meeting me.(see that kind of stuff happens to Liz, not me...)

There are bigger things yet to plan for and to pray for...I will update that later.
But right now, I am very grateful for extra income!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which LD?

cari said...

depends who's asking..hahaha

Anonymous said...

A former fellow employee, I'm assuming you will be downtown somewhere not in Mission again right?

Susan Kirchmayer said...

yup - bigger things on the way....

cari said...

soo cryptic...yes I'll be working in Vancouver