Thursday, December 22, 2005

Crazy day at work today.
There are six of us in the office, one is retiring tommorrow, one is going on maternity leave in March and the other...the one who knows the most about running the office is 7 months pregnant and has ended up in the hospital and will not be returning to work.
I was jumping in as much as I could, smiling and nodding at the doctors as they relayed information to me, trying not to look like it was all going straight over my head. Then as soon as they turned their backs I would run to one of the other girls and have them explain to me what the freak they were talking about.

We lost 2 patients today.
I don't mean lost as in they had a bad experience and won't be returning, I mean lost as in I turned around and they were gone. I was a little mistified myself. One wasn't my fault. The other...well..... I wasn't ready to take the blame, but apparently b/c I was holding the file, I was responsible (who knew?)
it was one screw up after another for all of us, real steller day at the eye clininc.

It could be worse, I could be working in the Christmas retail nightmare at London Drugs.

5 comments:

James Goudie said...

when you said "we lost 2 patients" i didn't think of either of the responses you said. I thought about passed away, or something like that.

i'm glad it wasn't what i thought at first.

liz said...

I thought that too james, I guess that comes from working in a doctors office.

Anonymous said...

Hey now us at London Drugs don't have it bad. It is really busy but not crazy. At least thats what I think.

Miss-buggy said...

crazy day!!
I thought the same thing James and Liz. Wierd what our first thoughts can be.

shari said...

Me too, I was thinking, wow... pretty intense bizarre day at a the eye clinic when 2 patients die. I knew there was a reason I dont like going to have my eyes checked. lol