Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I hate when he's right....

I was looking through my inbox for an old email when I came across one from my (ex) husband. He sent it last January and in it encouraged me to take the road less travelled and go to Africa for a month or more. To do what I was called to do, take the opportunity before settling into the mundane business of life.
I'm not sure why I didn't. At the time I didn't want to lose the stability of my job. Looking back I wonder why I didn't travel after we sold the house. I could have gone for a month. I didn't have any financial commitments, I could have easily gotten my job back after.
I was to scared and unsure.
I have now settled into the mundane business of life, with a mortgage and a job. I love my house and think it was a great decision, but really....I had an opportunity and I didn't take it.
Now what?

3 comments:

liz said...

Life changes all the time, opportunities will come around again, hang in there!

Susan Kirchmayer said...

an even better opportunity is just around the corner.

Sue said...

Life does not end at...how old are you?...more opportunities will come.