Sunday, June 18, 2006

A frequent conversation in our house:

Andrew: Mamma....
Me: Yes Andrew?
Andrew (slight pause): I love you.
Me: I love you too.

It' s one of those moments that always gives me warm fuzzies. It usually comes out of nowhere, while we are at the grocery store, riding in the car, puttering around the house. Makes me grin everytime.

Yeah.

Until this conversation:

Andrew: Mamma....
Me: Yes Andrew?
Andrew(slight pause): I love you.
Me: I love you too.
Andrew: Do you know why I said that?
Me: Uh, because you love me?
Andrew: No, I forgot what I was really going to say.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

so nice.
its never a bad thing to be told that you are loved

Michelle said...

Oh NO!! He tainted the "I love you"...hehe...funny boy

He does love you though, he tells me all the time he does.

Sue said...

For a boy who likes to talk as much as he does I suppose that there are occasions when his brain is going slower than his mouth and he may forget what he was going to say. giggle

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

well, even though he forgot what he was going to say, at least he remembered that he loves you! such a sweetie. :)
-de

Danea Burleson said...

Hehehe...that is too funny! ;)

Becka said...

hes weird

Anonymous said...

So glad you're writing all his little sayings down. I wish I had. Time fades some of these wonderful memories.

Anonymous said...

Too cute.