Wednesday, June 28, 2006



Yesterday would have been my 8th wedding anniversary.

Alot has happened since that beautiful, cloudless day. I am often asked if I regret marrying John. It's hard to regret something that has given me the most amazing child. But besides the blessing of Andrew, I do not regret marrying John. It was only one part of a very long journey. I've learned alot about myself, I've learned about true love.....

Yesterday my sweet friend Rachelle took me out for an evening "all for Carolyn". We had dinner and went to the jazz festival (more on that to come...) and sat in a posh restaurant, ate torte and drank wine.

It was a fabulous night. No sadness, no regret....just moving forward.

7 comments:

Danea Burleson said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening.

I also have few regrets. Relationships and experiences make you who you are. Things may not always be pretty but think of how you learn and grow from lifes experiences. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Carolyn, It's Greg again, coming to BC tonight, will be out for a week. Email me at hey7x12is84@yahoo.com if you want to get together while I'm out there. Hopefully hear from you soon.

I'm full of regrets, but life goes on. They've shaped who I am.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you went through a tough situation but one that couldn't stop you from living life. You have awesome friends and family around you. Your outlook is amazing and we can learn from you!

andrea

shari said...

happy carolyn day =)

Susan Kirchmayer said...

i think we should proclaim it an annual holiday - carolyn day!!!

Mandy said...

I think you are wonderful Cari. I'm so proud of you. :)

cari said...

you guys are so great! It's so good to have such wonderful friends!