Thursday, May 31, 2007

Your exam will be $95, we need 24hrs notice if you need to change or cancel your appointment and please leave all dogs at home.

This new trend of sticking your dog in your purse and heading to the mall, is really getting ridiculous.
I usually refrain from sharing too many clinic stories b/c this is such a small town. But I'm quitting soon, so.....
I should preface this by saying that all of us in the clinic are against people leaving a dog in a car in hot weather, in fact I'm sure most of us would be more inclined to break the window and rescue the dog if we had to choose between the animal or the patient. However....

Today a woman came into the clinic to pick up her glasses. The girls at the front counter directed her to have a seat at one of the dispensing desks. I was in the lab and I happened to look up through the window to see her sitting there patiently waiting while we got her glasses ready for her. It's right about here that I do a double take and notice a dog sitting beside her. Not a poodle, or a chiuaua, but a fullblown dog, like a collie or something. I'm thinking "that better be a guide dog that forgot to wear it's guidedog jacket..."
It wasn't.
So we told her it would have to leave the clinic.
That was followed by a snotty response of "I can't leave it in the car....." She was appalled that we wouldn't allow her dog in the clinic.

I think my jaw hit the floor at this point. We don't expect people to leave their dogs in cars, but you also can't bring them into clinics!
When did this become acceptable?

The strange thing is, this is the third time this has happened in the last year.

I just have to shake my head....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that you need to plainly tell them where to put their dogs!
How rude can they get

cari said...

Haha...funny thing was, the day after I posted this I had to ask a little girl to please take her little dog out of the clinic, the mom said to me "well, I don't want the kids standing outside alone..."