Sunday, June 17, 2007

Swimming into deeper waters....

The significance of Friday took awhile to really hit home, and still hasn't fully been realized. 2 weeks from now when I wake up Sunday morning and walk to the Starbucks for my morning coffee I'll be realizing the full effect of my actions.
Friday was my last day of work.

I am officially unemployed.

I didn't really have time to think about it, I had spent the week, cleaning and organizing to prepare my trailer for renting, and on top of it all studying for my exam (to become certified in a job I would quit 5 hrs later :P)
After writing the exam and finishing a day of work (alright, I didn't work much, I just toodled around....) We headed down to the Springs for what was supposed to be a congratulations on writing your exam party for everyone - but was turned into a combo party with Dr. S. lifting his beer and proclaiming "Here's to Carolyn leaving...."
The girls bought me a grill...which I can't even begin to express how excited I am about it! And the doctors gave me gift cards. I was pretty blown away!
I managed to hold it together until the end of the evening, that's when Jackie got a little teary, and then I followed.

I know I am not wired up for my job, I'm okay at it, but it's not something that comes natural, there are others (superwoman) who are much better at it than me. But there are 6 girls that I spend 35 hours with each week in a fishtank. 6 girls who have had to grow together and learn together and have been amazing friends. Come monday morning I will be missing them.

So here I sit unemployed, weeks away from the next great adventure. It's real now, can't go back. I'm scared out of my mind! But I'm also excited. I'm going from an average size suckerfish in a small tank to tiny sized fish in a big ocean.

Thanks girls for kicking my fins out of that tank...I wouldn't have the guts to do it if you hadn't had formed the optometric-assistant-wall-of-support behind me!

Love you!

2 comments:

Peter said...

You are so much more then you give yourself credit for. Congratulations. :)

L&D said...

You go! And go hard. Cheering you on all the way while you begin this new journey.