Friday, October 15, 2004

God's plan for growth, never the way we want it!

so a few weeks ago just after my husband moved out, my sister and I were in the garden store doing some shopping thereapy when I came across a beautiful flowering indoor tree. They had one on sale for 10 bucks, so I thought how can I go wrong? The one I picked looked more like a shrub than a tree so I asked if I could prune it so it looked more tree like. The garden store lady said that would be fine. I decided to call it the "my husband left me flowering tree". I brought it home, repoted it, fertilized it and most importantly pruned to look like a tree.

It's been 2 weeks....the flowers have wilted and the leaves are falling off (is this a bad sign if the "my husband left me flowering tree" dies?) I was starting to get a little discouraged when I noticed yesterday that there is tons of new growth, all of it at the bottom where I had pruned it.

Aparently it wants to be a bush, not a tree.

3 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

how does that song go: 'you can't always get what you want, but you get what you need'. apparently you needed a bush not a tree!

lori said...

Carolyn, I've tried to turn myself into a dog and my dog into a person. It doesn't work...Let your tree believe it's a bush, it can go for counselling later!

Susy said...

call it an unside-down bush and then maybe it will stay that way