Monday, October 11, 2004

he took the x-box, it must be serious

so I'm adjusting to life on my own now....it's been really odd. This weekend Andrew went to stay with his dad from friday to sunday, it was weird to come home from work to an empty house, well not completely empty, the dog left me a present to show her displeasure at being left alone. It was weird to be woken up at 9:00am by the sun instead of at 6:30 by the chatterbox.
This will definetly take some getting used to, but one thing I know is that I can't sit and wallow, or become useless, or empty. If ever there was a time to live, and to dance....it's now.

While watching Oprah one day (yes, I watch Oprah occasionally) I heard the story of a lady who had been terribly disfigured in a fire. Oprah had asked if she ever cried about it, the lady replied that her sister had given her this advice - allow yourself 5 minutes a day to have a pity party, then dry your eyes and get on with life (I may have paraphrased a bit). Good advice though...

2 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

excellent advice. don't spend too much time navel gazing. allow people to love you. learn what you can. share what you can. spend time with God.
love mom

Anonymous said...

when the moments of adjusting become a little overwhelming...remember "to be still and know that God is"...he is in control...he has a purpose...he will never leave you and last but not least... he loves you...
you and your family are in my prayers...
cyf :):)