Tuesday, October 05, 2004

perfection

This morning Andrew and I were up and outside by 8:00am madly raking the grass before the rain hit - (turns out we had plently of time since it didn't start till 4:00pm.)
We had a great time though...the sky was blue and cloudless, the air was crisp. Within 20mins the fog rolled in, and Andrew pointed out it was getting soggy (he's having trouble with the word foggy) .
We watched a bluejay having breakfast in the apple tree, discovered spiderwebs wet with dew. It was a great morning, like the perfect childhood embodied in one misty morning...
Andrew talked about Jesus.

I remember a few years ago thinking to myself with a smile "this child is perfect". I was well aware of his misbehaviours and stubborn streak, but even with that knowledge he was perfect in my eyes. It then occured to me that this is how God sees us, fully aware of our imperfections, yet he loves us so much that to him we are perfect.


3 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

yes he is perfect. as are you.

Annette said...

Something to tell yourself in the bad times,
Carolyn. Hard to face when we want to beat ourselves up for our "failures". I pray you'll remember these words in those moments. You are loved. You are perfect.

Sue said...

Good memories made..good thoughts remembered... thank you for the honesty of your post. It brought tears to my eyes. God gives us so much in the simple things.