Thursday, April 28, 2005

it's official...

I am a t-ball mom. I bought a folding chair and a waterbottle. I spend my tuesdays and thursdays sitting on the field watching children crash into each other while chasing stray balls. The kids are taught to play fair and encourage each other, and even cheer for the other team. I guess I should pay attention ... as twice a week I have to play nice with the ex and his girlfriend. So far so good, I haven't caused a scene. Yet.
In reality it's not so bad. I enjoy watching Andrew play and stay focused on that.
Go Raptors!!!!

2 comments:

shari said...

Been there. Sort of. Except, my ex doesnt every really go to the kids stuff, with his job and all. But back in those early days, when he did and he brought his girlfriend, it was hard sometimes to stay focused. But you do it for the kids. It does get easier. =)

Right now we have Lexi in soccer and Sammantha in softball. With each of them having two games a week, we are getting a lot of folding chair time. Last night the whole family went to Sammi's game. We have decided that we are not taking Victoria to any more games. Although, her mowing through everyone else's space did give us opportunity to meet many of the other parents. =)

Kaylyn said...

take come girlfriends with you..it will make it easier for you to enjoy the game..besides you should't have to feel uncofortable at your son's game!