Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Ever have the urge to just jump on a plane and take off for a week without planning the trip? I had that urge yesterday morning. So first thing in the morning I threw my clothes in the car and headed to the travel agency, bought a ticket, and drove straight to the airport.

I am now sitting in sunny california, enjoying some much needed rest with the company of an old friend.

I'm 27yrs old and have never flown anywhere by myself. I was proudly proclaiming that to my planemates on the trip down. I stopped after I realized I'm not 10yrs old and I actually sounded kind of pathetic. But I conquered the drive to the airport, finding the park and fly, going through customs, transfering flights in portand so I can call myself a grown up now!

I have always wanted to do something so impulsive and now I have...it's a pretty neat feeling.

My friend Danea has been pointing out all the little annoying things she has noticed about life in "cali". I'll blog on that later. Right now..time for enchiladas!!

10 comments:

liz said...

YAY, you made it!
proud of you ;)

Susan Kirchmayer said...

yeah - my baby is all growed up!!!

kelly ens said...

awesome! enjoy the relaxing sun! (take some in for me, please!)

Michelle said...

Good for you!!! You are braver than me. Have Fun!

Kaylyn said...

Wish that I could...right now..

Anonymous said...

Thought you might like to see this. :)

http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/mag/articles/article.1490.p3.html

Danea

Michelle said...

That's cool!!

Miss-buggy said...

Way to go Carolyn!! Talk about being spontaneous!! Very cool. Cool scrapbook page too.

shari said...

WTG Carolyn!!
That is so awesome that you are treading into new Cari-territories. Enjoy the adventure!

cari said...

hee hee..new caritories!