Thursday, March 09, 2006

words that define...

words are very powerful things. that's not a new statement, nothing profound and revolutionary about it, just the plain truth.
When I met my husband 10yrs ago, there were 6 words that catipulted us into friendship and eventually marriage. If you were to ask him about those words now, there is no doubt in my mind he would instantly be taken back in time and remember the significance of that simple statement .
8 yrs later I sat and listened helplessly as words came at me, bringing an end to our marriage, stinging words that will forever stay with me.
So many significant events are surrounded by a windstorm of words that serve to define who we are.
In turn, there are many words used by others to define us. Smart, funny, outgoing, cold, shy... the list is endless. I wonder if someone would be able to pick me out of a sea of aquaintances by such a brief description, and, what would that description be?
more to follow.....

1 comment:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

i had someone define me this week with words, that in the past may have been true - but as those close around me know are not at all the truth. i am not that person.