Friday, January 21, 2005

addictions

Oh, I'm in trouble....

I just came back from Superstore and they have just brought out their spring stock of house plants. Lush, green foliage....sigh

Here's the thing, I never used to own houseplants, I had a blackthumb everything withered and died, they were either overwatered or not watered enough, I couldn't get it right. Then I moved last year to my house and I started buying plants, to my surprise, shock and amazement they lived! I was so excited I bought more...and more and well, more. I currently have over 20 houseplants. This isn't a problem because my house is a good size and they are equally distributed between all the rooms.
It's occurred to me however that I am moving to an apartment, a north facing apartment with 2 windows (that's 10 plants per window...) That's alot of plants. But here's the real dilema...I can't resist buying more plants, I had to physically remove myself from superstore so I wouldn't buy anymore, I kept thinking how they would look so good in my backroom (the backroom I will only have for 6 more weeks)
It's like they call me and reach out and say....take me home, water me, I'll be so pretty.
I don't think I can go to superstore anymore.

2 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

i like plants.

Jenn said...

um, i seem to remember that every house plant you owned kinda died.