Monday, January 24, 2005

coping :P

A dear friend who is struggling with her own marital dysfunction asked me tonight how I was able to cope. How was I able to wake up in the morning and keep going? I told her it was really just a little bit of caffeine, a little bit of alcohol and a little bit of denial. Okay, so I'm kidding (let the rumours fly....)

I have a son who needs me, a job I need to keep, goals I want to accomplish, so many things to drive me forward. The situation and the decisions I'm making aren't necessarily good or bad they are just reality. Sometimes you need to do what needs to be done, too much time lamenting on what's been lost only stalls the progress. I need somewhere to live, I bought an apartment. I need to save money, I'll get a cheaper vehicle. I need to provide food, clothing and shelter for my son, I'll work extra shifts. It's life, it's real....it is what it is. You just get on with it...

I love my husband dearly, and pray continually that he will find his way home, but in the meantime I need to face reality, life will pass me by while I wait. So I will trust God, but still live life to the fullest while waiting for his plan to unfold. You only get one shot at it, better make it good.....

2 comments:

shari said...

The funny thing about coping is some days it is one day at a time. Sometimes, it is one minute at a time. But whatever it is, you just gotta keep pluggin on. Keep going back to your source of strength. Keep leaning on those who offer there support. God made you an amazing woman. Strong, smart, loving, insightful and faithful. Colouring it all with a little splash of humour. He is faithful and is loving you through this.
So while you doing what you have to do to look after yourself and Andrew, know that people are praying for you.


That is one handsome young man you have there! :)

Anonymous said...

We're praying with you Cari. You are not alone , you are loved deeply.
Jilly