Thursday, January 13, 2005

Don't let the garage door hit you on the way out...

So I'm sitting here wondering...why did God let me hit the post? Did I not have enough stress already? I'm dealing with a marriage ending, getting a house ready to sell, trying to get a mortgage, work, a child...it's all getting to be a bit much. Then I hit the post, now on top of the above mentioned items, I have to deal with fixing the carport, fixing the truck and the financial ramifications of that....Did God not think I had enough to deal with?
Then it occurs to me, I was driving the truck, not God. Hmmm...there might be something to that.
I like metaphors, I often use them and find them very meaningful in my life.....that's what this is, just one big expensive metaphor. But I think I got the point.

2 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

i need to be still and let God love me
i need to be still and let God love me
when this old world starts to push and shove me
i need to be still and let God love me

i need to relax and let God take over
i need to relax and let God take over
take this burden off my shoulder
i need to relax and let God take over

cari said...

I agree....so instead of cleaning the house, I'm going to Tim Hortons for a cheese bicuit....anyone want to join me? 9:30 Junction.