Sunday, January 09, 2005

closet space

I made an offer on an apartment last week and was delighted and a little freaked to hear it was accepted, so if all goes according to plan I will be packing up my little house and cramming it into a much smaller space. My dear friend Taneane discovered today how much of a packrat I am.....

First off let me just say I am so grateful for the wonderful people in my life. This whole process is very difficult and just when I start to feel sorry for myself my friends and family appear to show me just how loved I am. It started with Liz coming over to tackle the paint issue in my bathroom, then my Dad came to install a floor and fix a toilet. And then today Taneane showed up at work and asked for my house keys so she could borrow some photography equipment. Upon arriving home from work I found her car parked in the driveway so I knew something was up. I was met at the door by her husband Steve with a dustpan in hand. They had spent the afternoon cleaning and painting the house! Wow. I was so dreading coming home to the mess and the list of things to do, it's been so stressful for me. I was on cloud nine to come home to a clean house! It was like a huge weight off my shoulders. How blessed am I that I have such wonderful people in my life.
It's easy to forget how loved you are when you concentrate on the one person leaving you, my world is bigger and fuller than that and I need to open my eyes and see it.
Unfortunetly Taneane opened her eyes and my closets, it was then that she discovered my secret, I hold onto everything, can't ever seem to let things go.....perhaps it's time to clean out the closets? Let a few things go.....

1 comment:

C :) said...

Congratutations! On your new apartment!!! Sounds like a new begining... may God continue to hold you tightly and protectively in his arms... may He give you the courage to face whatever challenges that come your way... :):)