Sunday, February 13, 2005

the burning bush...errr...apartment

God's speaking.
I'm not sure what he's saying.
The building where I just purchased an apartment went up in flames last night.
Not sure what that means.
It looks like about 6 units at the front are toast (quite literally). I'm in the back and the unit above mine has the roof caved in. So I'm thinking at minimum there is smoke and water damage.
Hmmm....still not sure what to do with this information.


Yep, I'm really at a loss for words......

9 comments:

shari said...

I just saw that on teh news. That is terrible. Fortunately for you, you havent taken actual posession of it yet (right?). There are clauses for situtations like this that can give you the right to back out of your purchase, I believe. Gosh, Cari, I'll be praying for you.

Miss-buggy said...

I'll be praying for oyu as well. Good luck.

cari said...

I certainly don't want to sound too "woe is me" I didn't actually loose anything in the ordeal. I feel awful for the people who lost everything and have to live in a hotel, how devastating for them! Some of the units are completely gutted....I'm thankful we weren't living there yet, but how tragic for those who do live there.

Sue said...

I know that things will work out, it's just a question of how. I will have you in my prayers.

Susan Kirchmayer said...

so.... are you moving in with me for a while??? might as well, everyone else is here!!!

Jenn said...

well, not everyone......unless you'd like 5 loewens too!!

Susan Kirchmayer said...

alright.... we're taking over this corner of hatzic...

liz said...

I'm moving to abbotsford!

lori said...

that must have left you pretty fried, eh?!

becky was telling me yesterday about a great place her friend is renting out, new with a treehouse in the backyard on 2nd ave. Two suites in a house, reasonable rent - if you're not trying to get back in the market right away.