Wednesday, February 02, 2005

sigh....

time to relax, everything finally went through...it was one of those 11th hour things, with backup plans in place in case anything went wrong. I just signed all the papers...the apartment is officially mine, the house is officially sold...life is officially moving on.
Andrew asked his dad to live with us in the apartment, he had to explain why he couldn't. It broke my heart, life's just not fair. But then I guess no one promised it would be.
So we'll reorganize, declutter, get rid of some unneeded things and move to the next phase of our lives, not sure what that is but it will be an adventure. Someone who cares about me very deeply is encouraging me to travel, go to Africa before I settle into the mundane business of society, to take a risk ... Just do it, take the road less travelled....
I have to figure out how to do that with a 4yr old. I need to have an established life here for him, but I also need to fullfill some dreams (callings?) of my own, how do I do that? I don't think I'll worry about that tonight...I think I'll draw a hot bath and rest knowing it's in God'd hands and in his timing.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

africa is calling you. i know that God will work out all the details so that the timming is right. we love you!

cari said...

oddly enough, Thailand's been calling too.. not because of the tsunami...but I started thinking about that a year ago. Who knows where God will send me.

shari said...

Since the day I met you, you have dreamt of Africa, and I know you had long before that as well. Maybe it's time. When I read that, my first thought was, wow, how cool for Andrew, to go to Africa with his Mom and share in her life long dream. What an amazing experience for you both that would be, on so many levels.
Congrats on the apartment!!! This will probably be a very emotional transition, but hang in there. You and Andrew will fill your new place with love, fun, laughter, and countless memories to make it home.

Susan Kirchmayer said...

...please don't send me to africa.....

cari said...

I would love to take Andrew to Africa, but it would be have to be very short term, he has a Dad who loves him very much and I wouldn't want to take him away from that, just like I wouldn't want to leave him for too long.

Forgiven said...

wait for me.