Tuesday, February 08, 2005

have I gone mad?

So, now that life is moving forward I have decided I need to step out of my comfort zone a bit. Fear of ...everything... has held me back from really having fun. I have decided to try things once and, if I hate it I won't do it again. Take a risk, take a dive, take a plunge. (take a tylenol)

Side note here - I was saying to a coworker, how I need to take more risks. He told me that he would never walk the streets of Mission at night talking to drug addicts in back alleys, interesting that it doesn't scare me, maybe I have more guts than I thought

Anyway, back to the point...last summer I was dragged kicking and screaming (okay, more like whimpering and complaining) on a white water rafting trip. Huge step for me as I am terrified of water, I don't even let the water on my face when I shower. The guide thought it would be really funny to put me in the very front of the boat - talk about facing your fears head on!

Now I have been signed up against my will to go paintballing - no fear associated with that one, just something I would not normally do, which made me think, maybe that's why I should do it.

And finally a coworker is going to take me snowboarding. This is huge for me. I have been avoiding it for years for various reasons - I hate being cold, I hate falling, I hate feeling out of control, I'm convinced I won't actually be able to do it, I had a boyfriend ditch me on the mountain while trying to teach me to ski, there is too much pressure to actually be good and enjoy it. So I decided, forget all that, I'll give it a try and if I hate it, I'll spend the rest of the day in the Lodge drinking hot chocolate, nothing wrong with that. And no marriages will be destroyed b/c of one day on the mountain.

Next on the list...skydiving, a tatoo and Africa!
Stand back...here I come, there's no stopping me now!

1 comment:

shari said...

go for it Carolyn!!!