Sunday, March 20, 2005

I am

Disclaimer: this blog is in no way meant to brag or make me look good in front of you all. It is merely a lesson learned about myself recently. After beating myself up b/c I do not meet someone else's standards, I have discovered that there is more to me than what was in the little box I was stuffed into. My list of likes and dislikes, abilities and inabilities was not predetermined by another and I refuse to live by them anymore. I am 3 dimensional...

I am
not one to back down when fighting for an injustice
willing to take on a challenge
not scared of change (anymore)
stronger than I think I am
fun
willing to go on an adventure
ready to try new things
able to see the positive (most of the time, except first thing in the morning)
not limited by my inexperience
excited by risks (doesn't mean I always take them, I'm just excited by them)
able to make my own desicions (with the input of others)
not scared to fail (i've done it enough, I'm getting good at it!)
successful when I try
someone who loves to be social with friends
not afraid to tell it like it is
not afraid to get lost - it just makes for a more exciting trip!
creative
loving
patient (okay, that might be a stretch)
ready to take on the world!! (or maybe just dewdney )

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You are also brave, inspirational, and beautiful. Great list Carolyn, I especially love the bit about risks, I'm so there!!

Miss-buggy said...

YOu are awesome.
You are strong in Christ.
Just a couple of the things I see in you.