Thursday, November 18, 2004

countdown...

5 days till to go before I hit the big 2 7. I know, I shouldn't be complaining, I still get IDed occassionally. It's just that much closer to 30!
(I should put some kind of disclaimer on this blog as I know I may be recieving some hate mail, especially from my dear friend Taneane who is almost 2yrs older and will be hitting 30 long before me - she's already annoyed that I'm only 27.)

When I was 12 my best friend and I made a pact to meet Dec.31 1999 at 3:00 at Sevenoaks mall. We figured we'd be 22, and have lost touch and we would be able to catch up and share all the exciting stories of what we had done with our lives. I'd drop everything and come home from Africa and we would meet, even if Sevenoaks wasn't there anymore we'd meet at the spot where it once stood. We were young, we thought life would be more exciting, we craved adventure. As it turns out we had talked on the phone a few weeks before the scheduled meeting, when we met we chatted abit, not much to catch up on....not much at all. So here I am 5 years later, if we were to meet in the mall again, we probably wouldn't have much to say. No wild adventures, no exciting news, same old, same old. I'm not sure I want to settle for that. We could have crammed alot into 15yrs, but we didn't. How will I spend the next 15yrs? When I'm 39, will I have an amazing story to tell? I hope so.

4 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

when you were a little girl you always wanted chocolate duncan hines cake and chocolate icing. do you still want it? and you have had adventures - you've been to costa rica twice, had a baby, discovered photography.....

James Goudie said...

why 1999? were you afraid of the millenium crisis?

cari said...

mmm.....cake

Anonymous said...

You go to NH...that's an adventure!!