Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Just Christmas

I have opted not to go into the crawl space. I have also opted not to bribe or guilt anyone into going into the crawlspace for me.
I think I want a quiet, subdued Christmas. Before anyone jumps on my back let me just state that I am not depressed, I am not dreading Christmas, I'm not sad or lonely or apathetic (maybe just pathetic). I just don't think I want all the fuss this year. I'm pretty happy with my one string of lights and the wreath on the door. I am also thinking of cutting down a live tree. (no, I haven't lost my mind). Think about how fun a memory that will be for Andrew, remembering the year mom went out and chopped down a tree! Not a big one, just a little 4 1/2 footer. And I'll get Andrew to make the decorations. It will probably be the craziest little tree, but it will be ours. I think that might be all I need this year. No tinsel, no extra lights, or dicken's villages.....just Christmas. Sweet Christmas.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

i put up my tree, hung my wreath and ended up putting the rest back in the closet.....sometimes simple is nice.

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

I tried putting up the tree this morning. I can't get the stand together. I think it's a defective bolt. Joshua tried to eat the pinecones attached to it's fake branches. One piece needed to be retrieved. No, trees aren't for eating Joshua.
Did you figure out how to add my link to your page Carolyn? Us girls, hacking the code. ha ha.

cari said...

I am picturing you struggling with that tree and giggling a little (sorry). I am sure Joshua is finding it entertaining!
Yes, I got your link on my blog (it took about three tries, but it's there!!

Michelle said...

I think that sounds wonderful!