Monday, November 22, 2004

the smell of christmas

As I stepped out of the shower this morning, I was met with an overpowering smell, sweet, yet earthy. It reminded me of Christmas. It took me a minute to recognize it.
I looked out the window and saw Mario pruning the cedar hedges. The smell of fresh cut cedar was invading the house.

Mario's the gardener (okay, really he's just hired to prune the hedges, as independant as I want to be, I'm not ready to stand on a ladder with a chainsaw.) Mario wants to do something artsy with my spruce tree in the front yard, make it into a topiary or something....I politley passed.

I love Christmas, the smell of shortbread and christmas oranges, and christmas trees. It's tempting to run outside and scoop up the clipping just to fill the house with that wonderful scent!

3 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

i decorated my kitchen today!!!

Jenn said...

my decorations go up on friday!

liz said...

am I really related to you people?